The Savage Large Rifle Vari-Flame (LRVF) Kit is the answer to using those nasty 209 primers in your Savage 10 ML II. Eliminate this weak link from your Savage 10 ML II.
The new LRVF Savage Breech Plug is machined from #416 stainless steel. It accepts a Savage 10ML style vent liner. It has been properly head spaced to promote easy removal of the LRVF from the bolt face after firing. This new Savage LRVF bolt face is machined from hardened #416 stainless steel and works pert with the LRVF adapters. It functions the same as your current Savage bolt face modified to accept the larger rim of the LRVF adapter.
Installing the 10 ML Large Rifle Vari Flame Kit
1. Remove the bolt stop screw in the trigger guard and remove the bolt.
2. Using a 1/4" Allen wrench, remove the rear cap of the bolt assembly.
3. Tap the bolt on a hard surface to allow the firing pin to slide back in the bolt.
4. Remove the black 1/4" diameter cross pin and remove the 209 bolt face.
5. Install the LRVF bolt face with the slot in the same position as photo above.
6. Install 1/4" black cross pin such that firing pin can move forward and back.
7. Move the black round cocking indicator to match photo above.
8. Install rear cap with 1/4" Allen wrench.
9. When finished, check to make sure your bolt looks the same as photo above.
10. Remove 209 breech plug and replace with LRVF breech plug. Be sure to apply anti-seize to threads of vent liner and breech plug prior to installation.
11. Using reloading press or hand priming tool, install Large Rifle primers of your choice into the LRVF adapters. Remember to use .22 Hornet shell holder in your tool.
12. Use any caliber resizing die or a mallet and 1/16" pin punch to remove spent primers from LRVF adapters. Insert new primers and re-use.